Saturday, August 09, 2008

080808

Today is the grand opening of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing
The day of the $8-million TOTO grand draw.
The day that people queue up to get married.
The day that happens only once in a millennium.

And what did I do today...?
...........
1. 'Celebrate' Leo Burnett's Founder's Day.PAINtball.

They turn 73 this year. And I got bruised while playing PAINtball with my team. We were really lucky to get into the finals. But I would rather we didnt cuz that was when I got injured. The team we were playing against was playing so viciously I thought we were in an actual war. Bah.

2. Dinner at Tetsu
An acquaintance we met while in Perth, Rayner, started a food blog sometime ago, and through the mini success of his blog, he managed to get a Tetsu set dinner for his blog readers at a special price. So Clara gathered up her herd and brought us there.

The dinner was worth every penny we paid, because at the end of the day when we were 'surveyed' what we liked least about the dinner, we had to think really hard. Favourite is the easiest. GRILLED COD FISH!! Absolutely scrumptious! Fingerlickin' good! Delectable! Oiishi! Delicious~!

After a satisfying, fulfilling dinner, we headed off to...

3. Oosh
Dempsey is a beautiful place. But it is not really a place I would hang out all the time because I feel that it is really 'poseur-ish'. Nonetheless we headed to Oosh because its the nearest to Tanglin Mall, and well, I'm with people that I'm totally comfortable with so place doesn't really matter.

True to my assumption, the place is patronised by dressed-up, snobbish looking ladies, angmoh expats and lawyer-ish looking kind. So not me.
...........

So that's what I did on such a meaningful 8-8-8 day. And I didn't strike the toto, cuz i didn't buy. Better luck next time, perhaps.

No comments: